Tuesday, March 6, 2012

CVS is scheduled...

I had wavered and thought about not doing it after all but Jeff really wants to get it done.  It's scheduled for March 19th.  We should have the FISH results back within 48 hours letting us know if there is Trisomy, 13, 18 or 21... and the gender. 

I'm still very nervous because there is a very small risk of miscarriage (.3%) and let's face it, our luck sucks lately.  But the person doing my procedure has been doing it since the procedure was invented and even helped to pioneer the procedure so I feel confident that he's very good.  Jefferson University Hospital is one of the BEST places to have it done so that makes me feel better as well. 

Today I go for my preliminary bloodwork and tomorrow I start my first 24 hour urine test to get my baseline protein for this pregnancy.  Dear protein, stay FAR away from this pregnancy, okay?

No comments: