Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Approaching Thanksgiving

One thing I've given a lot of thought to is how I can forever keep Alex's memory alive and honor him.  I'd like to do a variety of different things in his name over different holidays.

For example, Thanksgiving.  It's not a gift giving holiday so I wouldn't have picked out gifts for him.  But I would have and am still very thankful to have had him in my life and been his mother.  He taught me a great deal in his short life and will forever be in my heart.

What I'd like to do in his memory for Thanksgiving is gather donations (money, gift cards to grocery stores, canned goods, frozen turkeys, etc) and 1. donate Thanksgiving food to a local homeless shelter/church/women's shelter/etc so that his beautiful spirit is able to touch someone else's life this Thanksgiving.  And 2. Contact the NICU at Reading to arrange to have Thanksgiving meals prepared and delivered for the nurses/doctors and most importantly, parents/families who will be spending their Thanksgiving at the NICU with their babies instead of at home. 

If you would be interested in helping me with this, I'd love it!!!

Even if only one person or family is helped, that's one person who's Alex's life has touched in some way this Thanksgiving.

3 comments:

Jodie McCaffrey said...

Sound like lovely ideas...count us in! <3

Evy'sMama said...

It's a great idea! We're in Florida for Thanksgiving, but I can put together some food for donation or for others to prepare for deliveries!

Anonymous said...

Sara, This is a lovely way to pay tribute and will also help show Emma about giving back.